The SGH Dietetics department service is available for all inpatients and outpatients during their treatment in a more professional way giving personalized attention to our patients and families with regards to their diet and well-being.
- To promote optimal nutritional status of patients through medical nutrition therapy.
- To promote health care education through counseling and seminars.
- To prepare and serve attractive and satisfying meals under high standards of sanitation for patients.
Our Services & Specialties support for outpatient as well as inpatients :
- Nutrition assessment/healthy eating.
- Nutrition support/enteral feeding.
- Diabetes and Hypertension
- Diets for renal disease
- Suitable diets for various gastrointestinal disorders e.g. celiac diseases, IBD, IBS, constipation
- Weight and lipid management
- Food allergy/intolerance
- Metabolic diseases which require dietary manipulation.
- Diets for neurological diseases e.g. stroke
- Diet and arthritis
- Diet and Cancer
- Pregnancy, Lactating mothers
- Paediatric counselling for infants, school going toddlers, adolescents
- Disorders of liver, pancreas and gallbladder
- Eating disorders
- Pre/post operation diet as per doctor’s advice
- Diets for specific patient groups (elderly, children, pregnant women)
- Diet for nutritional deficiencies for vitamins and minerals e.g. anemia, hypocalcaemia, hyperurecemia etc.
- Any others which requires nutritional counselling.
Diet Counseling - Inpatients
- Daily visit by dietician
- Nutritional assessment of all patient at time of admission and daily assessment thereafter.
- Diet planning of meals according to therapeutic needs.
- Patient and family education.
Diet Counseling - Outpatients
- Walk in or referrals
- Advice on dietary instructions to be followed
- Physician - Dietician - Patient team approach
- Diet counseling done to the patients according to their physical condition or on the advice of the treating consultant.
- Printed diet chart and instructions to the patients after explaining about their diets.
Referrals are accepted in writing by a Consultant or GP for out patients. GP and self-referrals are welcome; however, these consultations are not covered by your medical insurance company.
Daily (6 Days / week) - 9:00 am to 9:00 pm
Full Time Doctor
- Ms. Pranita Anand Gavankar, Clinical Dietitian
- Miss. Sreela Unnikrishnan, Clinical Dietitian
Click here to see our Dietitian Doctors Profile