The SGH Dietetics department service is available for all inpatients and outpatients during their treatment through personalized attention to our patients and families with regards to their diet and well-being in a more professional way.
- To promote the optimal nutritional status of patients through medical nutrition therapy.
- To promoting health care education through counseling and seminars.
- To preparing and serve attractive and satisfying meals under high standards.
Our Services & Specialties support for patients :
- Nutrition assessment/healthy eating.
- Nutrition support/enteral feeding.
- Diabetes and Hypertension
- Diets for renal disease
- Suitable diets for various gastrointestinal disorders e.g. celiac diseases, IBD, IBS, constipation
- Weight and Lipid management
- Food allergy/intolerance
- Metabolic diseases which require dietary manipulation.
- Diets for neurological diseases e.g. stroke
- Diet and arthritis
- Diet and Cancer
- Pregnancy, Lactating mothers
- Pediatric counseling for infants, school going toddlers, adolescents
- Disorders of liver, pancreas, and gallbladder
- Eating disorders
- Pre/post-operation diet as per doctor’s advice
- Diets for specific patient groups (elderly, children, pregnant women)
- Diet for nutritional deficiencies for vitamins and minerals e.g. anemia, hypocalcemia, hyperuricemia etc.
- Any others which require nutritional counseling.
Diet Counseling - Inpatients
- Daily visit by dietician
- Nutritional assessment of all patient at the time of admission and daily assessment thereafter.
- Diet planning of meals according to therapeutic needs.
- Patient and family education.
Diet Counseling - Outpatients
- Walk in or referrals
- Advice on dietary instructions to be followed
- Physician - Dietician - Patient team approach
- Diet counseling is done to the patients according to their physical condition or on the advice of the treating consultant.
- Printed diet chart and instructions to the patients after explaining about their diets.