DR. ADEL ABDULLAH AL SHAMRY
Consultant Cardiothoracic Surgeon / Consultant Critical Care Medicine
Area of Interest
Diagnosis and primary treatment of :
- Open Heart Bypass Surgery for coronary artery Diseases including on-pump and beating heart techniques, minimal invasive techniques such as OPCAB and MIDCAB.
- Mitral and Aortic Valves surgery for Rheumatic Heart Diseases including repair and replacement of heart valve using the biological or mechanical valve.
- Aortic aneurysms and dissection, Bentall procedure and conduit replacement.
- Implantation of life support systems including IABP, ECMO, ECLS, LVAD and other systems.
- Critical Care Management of Heart Disease, Respiratory Failure, and Multi-organ Failure patient with a ventilator, Optimization of hemodynamic in high risk for both Medical and Surgical Patients, Management of Fluid and electrolyte imbalance.
- Pace Makers Insertion, Percutaneous tracheostomy insertion, Intercostal drain insertion, Pleural Tapping and CVP catheter insertion. Fiber optic bronchoscopy upper gastroscopy, transthoracic echocardiography, Invasive and noninvasive cardiac output monitoring, Monitoring of central venous pressures, Monitoring of arterial pressures invasively, Invasive and non-invasive mechanical ventilation.
- MD FRCS Canada, Canada Board Certified
- Fellowship of Royal College of Physicians & Surgeon of Canada