DR. MOHAMMED ASHFAQ KONCHWALLA
Consultant Sports and Orthopedic Surgeon
About Dr Mohammed Ashfaq Konchwalla
Area of Interest
Arthroscopic Knee, Shoulder, Elbow, Wrist, Ankle and Hip surgery
- Knee: ACL/ PCL Ligament Reconstructions and Meniscal Repair of the knee and Complex Revision Ligament Surgery.
- Shoulder Arthroscopic Shoulder Surgery (Sub acromial decompression, arthroscopic bankart repair and rotator cuff repair shoulder instability.
- Ankle Arthroscopy Osteochondral lesion micro fracture and ligament reconstruction
- Hip Arthroscopy and Labrum Repair and Femoral acetabular Impingement decompression
- Elbow Arthroscopy tennis elbow release, biceps tendon reconstruction
- Wrist Arthroscopy TFCC reconstructions and ligament repair, and arthroscopic assisted fracture fixation of the wrist
- Innovative Therapy using stem cell and platelet rich plasma therapy + chondrocyte implantation.
- Chondrocyte Transplantation, Growing Chondrocyte via stem cell and doing implantation.
- Joint replacement.
- Hip, Knee, Shoulder Joint Replacement
- Complex Revision Hip and Knee Surgery
Professional Live Sporting Experience:
- Specialist Supervisor Twickenham Rugby Stadium.
- Specialist Supervisor at Dubai Rugby Sevens
- Affiliated to sporting cricket, football, ruby Club in UK, UAE, and Pakistan
- Official medical team doctor for Pakistan cricket league.
- Actively involved in the consultation and treating of Professional Athletes in UK, UAE, and Pakistan
- F1 Formula One Medical Team Doctor, Yas Island Abu Dhabi, UAE
- FRCS (Eng), FRCS (Glass), FRCS (TR & Ortho)
- Diploma in Sports Medicine (Edinburg), MFSEM (Sports UK)
- CCST (UK Board)
- Trained at leading Hospitals in the United Kingdom (Royal National Orthopedic Hospital in Stanmore and Hammersmith and Charing Cross Hospital in London.
- Worked with World Famous Orthopedic Surgeons in the UK
- Has more than years’ experience in Orthopedic/ Sports Surgery
- The author of several PR review articles on the knee surgery and bone substitute.
- Presented paper at international, Reginal and Local meetings in Sports related injuries (Chondrocyte implantation, shoulder instability, and Knee multi ligament reconstruction.)