DR. SAMIR YACOUT
Specialist Neurosurgery, Spine Surgeon, Head of Neurosurgery Department
About Dr. Samir Yacout
At present Dr. Samir have been working as a senior specialist in the field of Neurosurgery at Saudi German Hospital Dubai as a Head of the Neurosurgery Department. He finished his M.B.Ch.B. qualification and master degree M.Ch. from the medical college of Alexandria University of Egypt. This premier college is a multidisciplinary tertiary referral center in Egypt and it provides training and patient care related services in various super-specialties of Medicine and Surgery.
He had been working in Neurosurgical department of Rashid Hospital in Dubai, U.A.E. for the last twenty-one years since 1982 during which I went abroad by the permission of Director General of the Department of Health and Medical Services for further studies and experiences in the Field of Neurosurgery. Dr. Samir has been granted a scholarship in the Medical college of Zurich University of Switzerland, in Neurosurgical Department under Professor Dr. Med .M.G. Yasergil, the father, and pioneer of a cerebral aneurysm, A-V malformations, and tumor surgery.
Dr. Samir has an interest in neurosurgery include head and spine injuries, brain tumors, cerebrovascular lesions, Cerebral and cerebellar hemorrhages, pediatric neurosurgery, Skull congenital deformities, Craniosynostosis, spine fixations, cervical Thoracic and lumbar disc lesions, spinal cord compressions, peripheral nerve lesions, congenital anomalies and shunt surgeries.
Area of Interest
- Head and Spine Trauma and Injuries.
- All types of brain hemorrhage, Cerebral stroke, Infarction or bleeding, Brain Tumors and Cerebrovascular lesions.
- Pediatric Neurosurgery, Hydrocephalus, Arnold Chiary Malformation, Dandy Walker syndrome, Spinal, Bifida, Meningiocele, Cranial Sinostosis, microcephaly, and Brain Tumors.
- Spine Fixation and Fusion, Spinal Cord Tumors and Compression.
- Cervical, Thoracic and Lumbar Disc Lesions.
- Vertebral Spine Deformities.
- Peripheral Nerves Lesions, Carpal, Cubital, Tarsal Tunnel Syndromes, and injuries.
- Facial Nerve Palsy, Bell’s Palsy.
- Headache, Benign Intracranial Hypertension.
- Pituitary Gland Lesions.
- Vertigo, Numbness, Sciatica, Cervical, Dorsal and Lumbar Pain.
- All Types of Piercing.
- Geriatric Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus, Weak Memory and Concentration
- Micro-Neurosurgery Certificate
- Zurich University German Canton, Switzerland
- M.Ch. Master Degree, Alexandria Medical College, Egypt
- M.B.Ch.B., Alexandria Medical College, Egypt