Health Tips - Influenza Vaccine
A new Influenza vaccine is available on October every year, and is given to children starting 6 months of age. Below are some of the highlights of “Influenza vaccine”
- It is important to commit to your child schedule of vaccines in order to get the maximum benefits.
- A new Influenza vaccine is available every year between October and November and is made to protect against 70% of the expected influenza viruses
- Influenza vaccine is given every year once, only first dose is repeated after one month.
- Influenza vaccine can be given starting six months old and above.
- Vaccinations are safe and very minimal reactions could be encountered ( mild fever or pain at the vaccination site)
- Vaccinations against childhood diseases had caused a dramatic drop in incidence rate of Measeles, Rubella, Mumps, Tuberculosis, Dephteria, Tetanus, Pertussis, Hepatitis B, Haemophilus Influenza, pneumococcus bacteria.
- Additional vaccinations like Varicella vaccine , Hepatitis A vaccine, Meningitis vaccine had decreased the incidence and consequences of these diseases.
- HPV vaccine is introduced against Human Papiloma Virus which is Shown to cause cervical cancer in females.
- It is given in two or three separate doses starting 9-11 years old.