Health Tips - Kidney Disease
- Kidney disease is generally a silent disease with no signs and symptoms in the early stages I-IV.
- Simple tests can detect Kidney disease like Urinalysis looking for protein or blood and a blood test for creatinine. Ask your doctor .
- High Blood pressure could be a sign of kidney problem.
- Determine your own risk for Chronic Kidney Disease(CKD) by assessing your risk factors.
- Do you have Diabetes, High Blood pressure, Family history of kidney problems ,Obesity, Smoking history, age over 50 yrs.
- Prevent CKD- Keep BP less than 130/80,blood sugar controlled, exercise daily, healthy diet with low salt intake, lose weight if obese.
- Avoid NSAIDs( pain killers like Voltaren, Diclofenac, Ibuprofen)on a regular basis for long periods of time.