Health Tips - Suggestions to Reduce Acid Reflux Symptoms (GERD) as follow :
- Avoid foods such : Onions, peppermint, chocolate, caffeinated drinks , citrus fruits or juices, tomatoes or high-fat foods.
- Stop smoking . Nicotine can weaken the muscle that controls the opening between the esophagus and stomach which is the main reason for heartburn.
- Avoid sleeping on a full stomach . Give yourself 2 – 3 hours before lying down.
- If you are overweight, try losing some weight.
- Raise your bed higher. Raise the head of your bed so that your head and chest are higher than your feet.
- Avoid exercising immediately after eating . Wait at least 2 hours after a meal before exercising.
- Wear comfortable clothes.
- Avoid big meals and reduce fluid intake while eating.