SAUDI GERMAN HOSPITAL DUBAI
The SGH Dietetics department service is available for all inpatients and outpatients during their treatment through personalized attention to our patients and families with regards to their diet and well-being in a more professional way.
- To promote the optimal nutritional status of patients through medical nutrition therapy.
- To promoting health care education through counseling and seminars.
- To preparing and serve attractive and satisfying meals under high standards.
Our Services & Specialties support for patients :
- Nutrition assessment/healthy eating.
- Nutrition support/enteral feeding.
- Diabetes and Hypertension
- Diets for renal disease
- Suitable diets for various gastrointestinal disorders e.g. celiac diseases, IBD, IBS, constipation
- Weight and Lipid management
- Food allergy/intolerance
- Metabolic diseases which require dietary manipulation.
- Diets for neurological diseases e.g. stroke
- Diet and arthritis
- Diet and Cancer
- Pregnancy, Lactating mothers
- Pediatric counseling for infants, school going toddlers, adolescents
- Disorders of liver, pancreas, and gallbladder
- Eating disorders
- Pre/post-operation diet as per doctor’s advice
- Diets for specific patient groups (elderly, children, pregnant women)
- Diet for nutritional deficiencies for vitamins and minerals e.g. anemia, hypocalcemia, hyperuricemia etc.
- Any others which require nutritional counseling.
Diet Counseling – Inpatients
- Daily visit by dietician
- Nutritional assessment of all patient at the time of admission and daily assessment thereafter.
- Diet planning of meals according to therapeutic needs.
- Patient and family education.
Diet Counseling – Outpatients
- Walk in or referrals
- Advice on dietary instructions to be followed
- Physician – Dietician – Patient team approach
- Diet counseling is done to the patients according to their physical condition or on the advice of the treating consultant.
- Printed diet chart and instructions to the patients after explaining about their diets.