SAUDI GERMAN HOSPITAL - DUBAI
Dr. Ahmad Khattab
Consultant Ob-Gynae & Infertility
Areas of Interest
Laparoscopic hysterectomy, myomectomy, adhesiolysis with treatment to endometriosis, ectopic pregnancy, salpingo-Oophoectomy, ovarian cystectomy, fimbrioplasty and ovarian drilling.
Hysteroscopic Experience :
Trans- Cervical Resection of Endometrium (TCRE) and Fibroids/Myoma (TCRM), Endometrial Ablations, Resection of endometrial polyps or fibroids, Resection of uterine septa or adhesions (Asherman’s), Hysteroscopic Tubal Catheterisation& Recanalization to open blocked tubes.
Accredited colposcopist BSCCP/RCOG UK, Interpreting abnormal smear results, performing professional Colposcopy examination, taking directed biopsies with see and treat approach when appropriate. Carrying out treatment procedures like cold coagulation for ectropion and large loop excision of the transformation zone LLETZ to treat pre-cancer cervical lesions (CIN).
Gynaecology Procedures :
Abdominal total and sub-total hysterectomy ± Oophorectomy, myomectomy, ovarian cystectomy, vaginal hysterectomy and repair of pelvic organs prolapse, burst ectopic pregnancy, complicated ovarian cyst, repair of burst abdomen, and evacuation of Hydatidiform mole and delayed miscarriage. Treatment of Sexual Transmitted Diseases.
Infertility and Reproductive Medicine :
- Management of infertile couples for all levels of infertility.
- Performing and interpreting HSG, diagnostic laparoscopy with dye test.
- Treatment of anovulation infertility: laparoscopic ovarian drilling, ovulation induction with scanning for follicular tracking and timing of trigger injection with timed sexual intercourse (TSI) or intrauterine insemination (IUI).
- Tubal factor (blocked tubes): laparoscopic adhesiolysis, laparoscopic (fimbrioplasty) or hysteroscopic (Tubal Catheterisation& Recanalization with Resection of uterine adhesions- Ashimen’s)
- Laparoscopic salpingectomy in cases of hydrosalpinx prior to IVF.
- Special skills in managing infertility cases complicated with fibroid uterus.
- Expert in treating cases of Recurrent Implantation failure or unexplained recurrent pregnancy loss.
Obstetric Experience :
High-risk pregnancies and deliveries such as eclamptic fits, massive obstetric haemorrhage, cord prolapse and shoulder dystocia, inverted uterus, retained placenta and placenta accreta. Care for women with multiple pregnancies, performing cervical cerclage, vaginal instrumental delivery (forceps, vacuum extraction), vaginal breech delivery, external cephalic version, internal podalic version for the second twin, pre-term delivery, repair of third and fourth-degree perineal tears and epair of cervical tears. Expert in difficult caesarean sections such as section for transverse lie, section at full dilatation due to secondary arrest with impacted head, dense adhesions due to previous multiple caesarean sections. Exceptional experience in cases of placenta previa majora and placenta accreta with caesarean hysterectomy with internal iliac ligation (did more than 100 cases of placenta accreta).
Call-out surgery in obstetric catastrophes to help colleagues managing life-threatening haemorrhage, performing caesarean hysterectomy, ligating internal iliac arteries, uterine and ovarian arteries.