SAUDI GERMAN HOSPITAL DUBAI
Inpatient Physiotherapy & Rehabilitation services
- Coronary Care Units
- Geriatric Evaluation and Management Wards
- Intensive Care Units (ICU)
- Medical Wards including
- Respiratory, Renal, Oncology, General
- Acute Care Medical Unit (ACMU)
- Neurological Wards
- Orthopaedic Wards
- Paediatric Wards
- Rehabilitation multi/interdisciplinary Wards including
- Neurological rehabilitation
- Orthopaedic rehabilitation-pre and post-operative
- General rehabilitation
- Surgical Wards including
- General Surgery, Thoracic Surgery
- Vascular Surgery, Obstetrics and Gynaecology Surgery
- Plastics, Elective Surgery, Trauma, Day Surgery
- Women’s Health Wards
Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation for Neonates/infants/pediatric In-patient referral may include :
Your consultant (Primary) doctor will advice for the physiotherapy / rehabilitation session either once or twice/day as per your diagnosis ,until your stay in hospital and even after you discharged from the hospital, the later physiotherapy will be carried out in Out-patient department setting.
The rehabilitation team leader or the Head of the department (HOD) then will be called and may carry out all or some of the following intervention:-
We do this with you or with family members present if appropriate. The assessment provides information on your previous abilities and may include respiratory, joint mobility, muscle strength, balance, mobility, pain and functional activity assessment as per your diagnosis and will be mentioned in your file records.
of your condition which may be due to respiratory difficulties, muscle wasting, lack of mobility, loss of joint movement and lack of confidence. During this assessment we will discuss and agree with you/family member /guardian ; the aims of treatment, the plan and the expected outcomes.
- All advanced Electrotherapy modalities
- Hydrotherapy Pool set-up for the advanced Rehabilitation
- Gym facilities.
- A broad range of specialist treatments may be used;
- Posture and positioning advice and management,
- Respiratory care and hygiene
- Re-education of functional activities and balance such as sitting, standing and walking,
- Different types of manual therapy including advanced manual therapy
- Assessment for aids and appliances.
- Education about your condition, preparing for the discharged ,answering all your concerns
Once the approval received from the insurance provider the nurse in-charge will inform the rehabilitation HOD to begin with the physiotherapy sessions.
Massage therapy-its cash only service.
Saturday to Thursday – 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM
Friday – 9:00 AM to 5:00 pm
Each rehabilitation session will not less 30 minutes and may go upto 45 minutes.
Following you discharge plan, the last physiotherapy or rehabilitation session will include the complete homecare and further management as per the rehabilitation plan of your diagnosis.
An education leaflet/handout will be given as required by the treating rehabilitation team member Physiotherapists along with other multidisciplinary team members who includes :
Doctors, Nurses, care manager, discharge co-ordinators, dieticians, plays an important role in planning safe and timely discharge from hospital.
Any further assistance needed you can call to our 24*7 operator service and during the working hours on +971 43890063 / 64.